We recommend bringing your child in for his or her first dental appointment within 6 months of the arrival of their first tooth. Early preventive care is key to giving your children a long-lasting, healthy smile.
At your child's first visit, our doctors and staff will do our best to make the experience a positive and exciting one. We will:
- Review medical and dental history with you
- Assess growth and development through a thorough oral exam
- Discuss and risks with you related to future complications, like cavities
- Do a thorough cleaning and help your child learn the best ways to take care of his or her teeth at home
- Discuss developmental changes and habits with you (teething, pacifier use, thumb-sucking, etc.)
- Give you info on what to do in case of emergencies
We will also make sure that your kids have a great time while here, and go home wanting to visit us again. For any questions regarding pediatric dentistry or to set up an appointment, please call us today.